Friday 13 March 2015

Who would be the audience for your media product?


Who would be the audience for your media product?
From completing research through a questionnaire I have found that the largest percentage of thriller watchers include the age range from 18-50 years of age. I am aiming my thriller product at thmiddle/working class community. As looking at statistics for thriller films shows me that they are most commonly watched by educated working to middle class consumers of middle age. From research I have also found that the sub-genre of a psychological thriller is enjoyed more by the female population. Due to the less amount of gore and action but an increase in the amount of mystery. However due to the many different sub genres of thrillers the audience age range ranges dramatically. For my particular opening sequence which takes the horror/mystery sub genre this applies to a large majority of the thriller consumers ranging between 18-50.


Also after completing audience feedback questionaires I have found that people from my particular target audience are attracted towards watching this film. As they can form a relationship with the characters due to their similar; age and social class.

No comments:

Post a Comment