Friday 13 March 2015

How did you attract/address your audience?

How did you attract/address your audience?
I attracted the audience through researching into the prime ages which watch thrillers of the genre I was planning on making. Also through this questionnaire I found the main features from the thriller genre which the viewer’s enjoy the most. From the research I gathered I found that the majority of thriller watchers were ranging from the ages 35-50 years of age. Obviously with exceptions from this trend. As this age group are the primary viewers I planned to attract and address this age group. In order for the characters to create a bond with each of the charcaters they must have common ground to compare themselves to the character on. For example; age, social group, ethnicity and marital status. I did this by creating my characters with traits of normality, for this age group and social class. Which you would not connect with the barbaric crimes they have committed. For example; the location, the car, the costumes, the magazine being read as well as other props. This encourages the target audience to be attracted to the product, as they can associate themselves with the characters. Allowing them to be even more shocked and intrigued by their actions. After doing research into whether this worked by asking members of the public who fall into the target audience I found that this does attract the target audience. From this I have gained the knowledge that this particular short film, attracts its supposed audience. An example of this is Seven as the characters are of the age range linked with the audience. For example Brad Pitt and Gweneth Paltrow characters. Which the audience is able to relate to allowing them to feel empathy. 
After completing the audience research, the feedback I made final changes to the opening sequence. For example adding the gloss covered magazine to the shot. This portrayed the social class of the character even further. Allowing the audience to form a synthetic relationship with the characters.




No comments:

Post a Comment